Who am I?

Who am I?

Friday, April 22, 2011

Xiamen






I flew in an airplane four times in two weeks!!! I know I just had the best vacation ever but here goes round two! Does this girl ever work or does she just play? I just play really, I won't lie. Annie and I went to Xiamen Island with all her coworkers, which is a little north of Hong Kong. I had to follow a bunch of Chinese tourists and a yellow flag:) All we were missing was matching hats. Chinese vacations include little walking to sites, lots of food, and shopping. Not my idea of a perfect vacation but definitely fun with the people we were with! I tried snail, some shrimp looking thing, fried banana, what looked like an octopus leg, lots of rice and other Chinese food. Since it was an Island there was sea food everywhere. While everyone shopped for free time Annie and I build the greatest lighthouse sand castle ever! Included with spectators and photos. We got to go to a Buddhist temple, but you are only allowed to pray if you haven't eaten meat. Also I went to Xiamen university's campus, the most beautiful campus in China apparently. Our other attraction was a piano museum, we took pictures even though we weren't suppose to but I didn't get to play them. I've only played the piano twice since i've been here and it has been for FHE at the Olsen's and I totally slaughtered the songs:( I guess you really do lose your talents when you don't use them. I probably climbed every tree and rock I could find, it's too tempting the trees were amazing! The high light of the trip had to be two of the girls playing with the dead fish on a stick! You just had to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment