Who am I?

Who am I?

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tsunami in Japan

As you all have most likely heard, there was an earthquake near Japan at a scale of 8.9. Largest for Japan, and 5th largest in the world! It's all super devastating and it breaks my heart, If you don't know all that happened because of it, look it up it's insane! But what you probably don't realize is what I didn't till this happened, that the Chinese people don't like the Japanese people, not all of them but it really caught me off guard on sunday as i was sitting on the subway heading home from church and on the news was the footage from the tsunami, it almost brings tears to my eyes as I watch so many peoples lives destroyed, but it shocked me to see two men sitting across from us laughing at the tv. How in the world could someone laugh at something so tragic? This all stems from WWII in the sino-japanese war, apparently Japan brutally killed many Chinese, and though the governments have forgiven each other, many of the older generation have not. Even my coworkers don't find great sadness or even curiosity in the event, they act as if it didn't happen. Fortunately I have not felt any of the effects of the earthquake, the radiation is being monitored, but so far there have been no abnormal effects, and my house is still intact:) I find it quite bizarre though because geologically Shanghai is a lot closer to Japan than Hawaii or California. It still makes me nervous for a natural disaster to happen here, we've been surrounded now with the earthquake at christchurch, southwest china, and now Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment