Who am I?

Who am I?

Thursday, March 10, 2011

OPEN THE DOOR IT'S THE POLICE

Two nights ago Annie my roomy and I were getting ready for bed and the telephone rings... dun dun dun!! (by the telephone I mean the doorbell It's like the same thing, people can individually ring our apartments doorbell and we have to answer the phone to let them in) So Annie answers the phone and we hear, "open the door it's the police!" Well maybe it wasn't that demanding, but I still wanted to pee my pants! We let them in and luckily the police officer woman spoke fairly good English and explained we weren't registered to live where were living... I was told we were suppose to do that when we first arrive in Shanghai but no matter how many times I told my center director he just brushed it off and said it wasn't important. Communication is so poor here, and language has nothing to do with it.
So last night we took a taxi to the police station and worked everything out. I find events in my life like these quite hilarious now for some reason. As bizarre as it is to have people randomly intrude in your life or just your personal bubble, it happens all the time.
I've been in China about two and a half months now, and yes i'm just barely starting a blog! I will try to make it interesting for everyone but I forget the weird things that happen because it's like home now. So let me know what questions you have for me and I will tell you all:D I miss America and all my family and friends, but i'm having so much fun here in Shanghai and it's already half way over it's going by so fast!

3 comments:

  1. I forgive you you for not having a blog, you just need to keep in contact with me.

    Cade

    Ps. Its good to have another member of the family to have cop stories like Shawnee and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they take you away and keep you? Where is the addition to the story,like the cop was good looking and asked you out or they put you in lock down with some famous gangster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan you can pick the ending, that makes it more exciting I think, then if I told you we worked it out and the lady was nice:)

    ReplyDelete